What is cloud computing?
What are the services offered?
Cloud Computing is a process of delivering/enabling scalable, expandable and almost perfectly elastic software services using internet technologies. It is a method of delivering Software as a Service (SaaS), delivered in a pay-per-use basis. It provides self service capabilities to users with scalable features to increase usage on requirement.
The various cloud based services commonly offered are:
- Web Based Cloud Computing: Companies use the functionality provided by web services and do not have to develop a full application for their needs.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS): Organizations make use of the unlimited storage potential of the cloud infrastructure. They can expand and shrink their storage space as needed without having to worry about dedicated servers on site.
- Software as a Service (SaaS): It allows people to access the functionality of a particular software without worrying about storage or other issues.
- Platform as a Service (PaaS): Companies can run their applications on the cloud service’s platform without having to worry about maintaining hard drives and servers.
- Utility Services: Companies that need to store a lot of data can store all of their data remotely and can even create a virtual data center.
- Managed Services: These are applications used by the cloud service providers, such as anti-spam service.
- Service Commerce: It is the creation of a hub of applications that can be used by an organisation’s members. It provides organisations the applications they need along with the services they desire.
The right investments in IT increase your productivity, reduce your downtime, and let you respond better to your customers’ needs.
Increase productivity, reduce downtime AND control IT costs.
Increase reliability, improve security AND reduce capital expenses.
Experience, expertise, and a commitment to producing results for your business – not just your technology.
Cloud Servers Upgrade
Boca Raton, FL – Blue Light IT (http://www.bluelightit.com), a South-Florida based IT services firm, today announces that it has successfully completed a comprehensive upgrade to it’s cloud server infrastructure. “Our new capacity and server speeds have increased by over 220%, we can now offer our clients the same cloud services as other, much bigger, providers at a fraction of the cost” says CEO of Blue Light IT Amir Sachs.
The improved cloud server infrastructure allows customers to leverage 64Gb RAM, 24 CPU’s and 10TB of premium RAID 10 storage. The infrastructure is hosted in a secure data center provided by host.net, taking advantage of the physically secure environment and redundant infrastructure offers a broad range of options with guaranteed connectivity. The data center is inside a level 5 hurricane proof building and houses some of the largest banking and aeronautic companies in the South East.
Blue Light IT’s existing customers have reported significant improvement in speeds throughout the migration period. “We have used many companies to provide us with dedicated servers in the past but WOW! These new servers rock” says Julian Sher, CEO of Leftclick (www.leftclick.co.za) A South African IT Services and Web-hosting company whose servers are managed by Blue Light IT.
“We see tremendous growth in South Florida, our own ‘backyard’, as businesses realize it’s cheaper to outsource the management and running of IT functions as opposed to hiring in house technicians, and as they are able to have access to technical skills which they could not afford before” continues Mr Sachs. Now, more then ever, small and medium size companies can take advantage of cloud storage, dedicated servers and port their applications to the cloud, at affordable prices, without compromising security.
About Blue Light IT Blue Light IT is an innovative technology consultation firm that serves its national and international customers with a simple objective: implementing cutting edge technologies that increase efficiency, reduce cost and promote revenue generation. Blue Light IT has over 16 years of experience in designing and implementing managed technology solutions for companies ranging from home offices to multi-national corporations. Regardless of your project size. Blue Light IT strives to give each customer the personal service they need to meet their business goals. For a complete list of Blue Light IT’s service offerings, visitwww.bluelightit.com.