WE TAKE CARE OF YOUR IT INFRASTRUCTURE SO YOU CAN TAKE CARE OF YOUR PATIENTS
Physicians and their staff chose their profession for the passion in helping others. Presidential directives, HIPAA regulations and payroll costs have pushed physicians to digitize their operations. Many physicians never imagined how much time and money they would have to dedicate to these support activities. The digital practice and EMRs have generated many challenges that are sometimes neglected or even ignored due to the lack of time, resources or cost.
The Cost of Being Down in a Medical Practice-Case Study
Many are unaware they have a problem until-they have a problem!
THEÂ BENEFITS OF BEING PROACTIVE - THE SERVICE LEVEL AGREEMENT
At BlueLight IT being proactive is not just a slogan. Physicians have an important job to do; they cannot afford to have IT problems stand in the way of patient care. BlueLight IT is dedicated to increase system availability and reliability as well as controlling overall cost. We can ensure your practice's IT is maintained and kept at peak performance, from servers and desktops to printers and scanners. See the SLA section for details
When a patient is sick they go to the doctor, when the IT is sick physicians come to BlueLight IT!
HIPAA, PHI AND DATA STORAGE SECURITY
The Digital doctor's office has created several challenges and exposed physicians to certain risks associated with PHI and backup data storage.
ARE YOUR DATA BACKUP PRACTICES EXPOSING YOU TO UNNECESSARY RISK?
For years practices were very concerned about password protection on all computers holding patient data. While the ability of an unauthorized person to access patient data was mitigated, no one was paying attention to the unencrypted backup data tapes that were being taken home by designated officers or stored in an unsecure, easily removable fireproof box. In many offices today the practice continues and even became worse by the introduction of USB Flash drives. Just as backup tapes, these USB devices are easy-to-steal, easy-to-forget, easy-to-erase and easy-to-damage. The information on these is also rarely encrypted. At Blue Light IT we work together with physicians and provide a complimentary evaluation of their existing backup and data recovery procedures and recommend breach corrections if required.
BlueLight IT removes the human element from data backup operations. The software is intuitive, automatic, and easy to use. All backup information is always compressed and encrypted with 128-bit TwoFish technology (HIPAA compliance) and the only encryption key is maintained by the physician's designated officer. The designated officer receives messages regarding completed backup operations. Replicated data is saved in a hurricane proof data center and easily recoverable to any location on earth with an internet connection.
WHERE CAN WE ELIMINATE UNECESSARY COSTS?
- Reduce the FTE hours required to perform backup operations
- Backups are performed regardless of staff changes, PTOs and holidays
- Eliminate the need for backup tapes and maintaining the tape drives
- Eliminate the cost associated with storing and hauling tapes to and from storage facilities
- No need for new hardware and training when technology is replaced
- Eliminates the risk associated with transporting storage devices offsite Other Services
- Your IT cost increasing in direct proportion to its headaches? Let us take care of it with a SLA
- You have or would like a website? Save with BLIT' website service packages
- Save on telecommunications costs with a Voice Over IP (VOIP) system
- Need new hardware? Don' buy until you get a quote from us on new and used hardware
- Need a custom software solution? See our Custom Software Portal